On May 10, Prime Health and the Governor’s Office of eHealth Innovation (OeHI) will host the 2018 Prime Health Innovation Summit. Attended by clinicians, executives, and entrepreneurs from across the state, the summit is the premier gathering of Colorado’s healthcare technology ecosystem.
The Prime Health Innovation Summit will cover topics like data liquidity, patient engagement, and value-based care. It will feature talks by leading figures in Colorado’s healthcare industry, including Lieutenant Governor Donna Lynne. Most importantly, it will give our community the chance to work together to improve care for people throughout the state.
From the panel discussions to the keynote speakers, here’s your guide to the 2018 Prime Health Innovation Summit: Enhancing Care Coordination Through Digital Health.
The Role of Entrepreneurs in Colorado’s Health IT Roadmap
Nicole McNew, Executive Director of Prime Health, and Mary Anne Leach, Director of the Office of eHealth Innovation, will deliver the opening remarks. McNew and Leach will discuss the role that entrepreneurs will play in Colorado’s Health IT Roadmap.
Medicaid’s Priorities for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Kim Bimestefer, Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing, will deliver the morning keynote. The former chairwoman of Cigna Healthcare of Colorado will detail Medicaid’s priorities for innovation, and describe how entrepreneurs can collaborate with one of the nation’s largest payers.
Care Coordination: Orchestrating Services across the Continuum of Care
Achieving a better patient experience starts with understanding the journey of both the patient and the caregiver. Moderated by Lauren Ambrozic, Executive Director of Colorado Prevention Alliance, this panel will examine how healthcare organizations are working with communities to create a more holistic patient experience.
- Kathryn Jantz, ACHM Director, Rocky Mountain Health Plan
- Cindy Wilbur, Community Resource Network Director, Quality Health Network
- Gary Drews, CEO, 9Health Fair
- Robyn Dietz, Director of Account Management, CirrusMD
Data Liquidity: The Centerpoint of Population Health Management
This panel will explore how data can be leveraged to identify high-risk patients and coordinate care across primary care, specialists, and behavioral health settings. Sarah Nelson, Director of business technology at the Colorado Department of Health and Human Services, will moderate.
- Patrick Gordon, Vice President, Rocky Mountain Health Plan
- Robert Denson, Chief Information Officer, CORHIO
- Jason McRoy, Director of Business Operations, Boulder County
- Ako Quammie, Healthcare Information Technology Program Manager, Colorado State Innovation Model (SIM)
- Marc Lassaux, Chief Technology Officer, Quality Health Network
The State of Colorado Health Innovation
In her keynote address at the summit, Lieutenant Governor Donna Lynne will discuss the state of health innovation in Colorado and her vision for the future.
Lieutenant Governor Donna Lynne addresses the attendees of last year’s Prime Health Innovation Summit.
Virtual Health: The Future of Healthcare Delivery
Peter Antall, Chief Medical Officer of American Well, and Todd Evenson, Chief Operating Officer of Medical Group Management Association, will discuss trends in the adoption of virtual care platforms and products across Colorado and the United States.
Using Technology Wisely: How technology helps providers integrate care in Colorado
Barbara Martin, Director of the Colorado State Innovation Model, will facilitate a high-level discussion on how technology can help or hinder a practice’s integration efforts. Panelists will talk about challenges to implementing technology for practices of all sizes and discuss how entrepreneurs can pave the way for better adoption across the health system spectrum.
- Rachel Dixon, Director of Telehealth, AccessCare
- Dr. Debra Boeldt, Program Manager, National Mental Health Innovation Center
- Catherine Morrisey, QI Project Manager, Colorado Access
The Potential for Blockchain
Eric Kintner, Partner at Snell & Wilmer, and Morgan Honea, CEO of CORHIO, will explore the potential for blockchain technology across the healthcare industry while offering their perspectives on the barriers that persist from a legal and economic standpoint.
Paying for It All: Trends in Value-Based Reimbursement Models
When it comes to lowering costs while improving quality of care, what are payers looking for? Moderated by healthcare consultant Bill Lindsay, this panel will examine the latest thinking and the newest trends in payment reform among both private and public stakeholders.
- Jed Ziegenhagen, Director for the Office of Community Living, Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
- Scott Keim, Executive Director of Strategy and Operations & Accountable Care Solutions for the Western US, Aetna
- Elizabeth Basket, Executive Director, Colorado Community Health Alliance
- Bob Smith, Executive Director, Colorado Business Group on Health
- Rick Lewis, EMS Bureau Chief, South Metro Fire Rescue Authority
Stick around after the panels for a Fiesta Happy Hour with Redox!